Thursday, May 26, 2011

Laptop disassembling

   Yesterday I spilt milk on keyboard and touchpad of my laptop (Sony Vaio F series). Windows hanged up and I turned off laptop quickly. After dry front part of laptop I tried to boot again and got nothig. I was very frustraited, but decided to wait a while - give it time to dry out.
    So today at morning I tried to boot again. I inserted battery, that I take out right after splilling, and pressed power on button. Couple secs nothing happends, and I my thoughts was crazy, than it started to boot... I thought that's it - now all ok. But bum! on a middle of Windows booting process display went down and green light near "power on" button started to blink. It always blinks only when not enought power on a battery... But I pluged in to power supply - so it couldn't be true reason. I was in my dark place, and started to think, how and what I can do to recovery information and etc.
    I hadn't time at morning to play with laptop more, so I returned to it later and evening. First I tried boot it again - it showed me only black screen and blinking green button. So I decided to unassemble laptop and to look inside. I had experience with this process with my previous laptop (HP), and it wasn't so hard - they had excellent instruction how to unassemble everything, including display. So I downloaded instruction, and was surprised when found only how install new memory stick. It was very strange, for me, that Sony doesn't add normal instruction how to deal with other hardware problem. Internet search got me to nothing - instructions for old models.
    And I decided to work on my own risk. So I got screwdriver and unscrew every screw from back panel of laptop. Than I took my time to take off that panel.


I stared in mother board, but it wasn't so clear for me, how remove it and get closer to keyboard. Plus I wasn't sure, that I didn't crashed anything, so I desided to test, if laptop still works.
And imagine my surprise when it started and booted to Win without any problems. So I shut it down, assemble back again, and now writing from this laptop - and it works pretty fine for me.

Ideas of this topic:
  - Backup your data
  - Don't drink near computer
  - Hope will recovery your laptop :)

No comments:

Post a Comment